After two (2) semesters are completed, an F-1 student may request a semester break.
- Harrisburg University operates on a trimester schedule and full time enrollment is expected year round. You must be approved for a semester break by the International Student Office.
- A student may NOT be employed on Curricular Practical Training (CPT) while on a semester break.
- When a semester break is approved, CPT must cease as of the last day of classes of the semester before the break.
- A student on break is not required to leave the U.S.
How to request a semester break:
- Visit the Student Support Network and choose “International Student Inquiry” under report type.
- Select ‘I would like to request a break’ in the request menu.
- Please include the specific semester for which you are requesting a break.