After two (2) semesters are completed, an F-1 master’s student may request a semester break.
- Harrisburg University graduate programs operate on a trimester schedule and full time enrollment is expected year round. You must be approved for a semester break by the International Student Office.
- A student may NOT be employed on Curricular Practical Training (CPT) while on a semester break.
- When a semester break is approved, CPT must cease as of the last day of classes of the semester before the break.
- A student on break is not required to leave the U.S.
How to request a semester break:
- Submit a Semester Break Request HERE
- Read all instructions and complete the questionnaire
- Click Submit