How to Arrange Departure
Your immigration status is directly associated with and affected by your full-time enrollment in an academic program. If you intend to, or are thinking about, withdrawing from Harrisburg University, please discuss with the International Student Office (ISO) as soon as possible.
Depending on the circumstances:
- Your SEVIS record may be terminated
- You may have limited time for departing from the US (0-15 days)
- You may be excluded from or restricted in future F-1 student employment benefits
- AND You may need to obtain new immigration documents for re-entry in the future.
The Withdrawal Form is in MyHU > Academics > E-Forms
IMPORTANT: Do not use this E-Form to request a regular semester break. Please see the Semester Break section for more information on breaks.
Time Periods for Departure
Your ability to remain in the U.S. is dictated by your immigration status and reason for departure. Depending on the circumstances, the period for departure can be from 0-15 days and commences the day following the date of withdrawal or absence from Harrisburg University. You may not work during this period.
- F-1 students who submit a notification to ISO prior to a withdrawal are permitted 15 days to prepare for departure and leave the United States.
- F-1 students who do not inform ISO prior to taking a leave must leave the U.S. immediately.
- F-1 students who are academically dismissed must leave the U.S. within 60 days.
- F-1 students who have completed their program at HU or completed their post-completion OPT must leave the U.S. within 60 days of the program or OPT end date.
If you withdraw from Harrisburg University, you must complete one of the following actions within your grace period (see Time Periods for Departure):
- Depart from the United States
- Transfer your SEVIS record to another school in the U.S. (see the Transfer-Out Request page)